Monday, October 01, 2007

Dissertation Proposal Approved

Got some good advice and approval 9/28/07. The main needs are to further narrow the focus and define the type of internal organizational blog that I ask about.
Grudin & Efimova make the point in their HICSS 2007 paper about blogs at Microsoft that corporate blogs and employee blogs are different. Team blogs are were said not to be common.
Juech & Stobbe have a 2005 paper on the Deutsche Bank Research site with a classification scheme from a German-language paper by Zerfass. It's suggestive but I don't think that it illustrates the full overlap of information and social purposes of blogs.
My proposal did suggest some dimensions of blogging experience for individual respondents. I'll be refining my definition and in the process I may define a blogging index.
I'm grateful to be "launched"

No comments: